Monday, October 1, 2007

Western Dancing

Alright, well if you reference the last post, I thought "maybe something cool will happen tomorrow." Tomorrow came and went, and clearly nothing cool happened. This weekend was fun filled, however.
Friday we went out to dinner at Applebees. I have never really been impressed with Applebees, and the sole reason we chose it is because we had a gift card from Brian's birthday. I thought maybe with a new menu (since we probably haven't been there since his last birthday) or something, things would be different. Au contraire. It was the same ol' same ol' mediocre food. And $60 worth, with two kids meals and two beers each. Even the beers weren't good.
Attention retailers: If you advertise Guiness, and it's not draft, you need to let someone know this BEFORE they order. For any of you beer drinkers out there... Guiness really is not good (or at least $5.00 good) from a can, and even worse from a bottle. This is because Guiness draft is dispensed with Nitrogen instead of CO2. Apparently this has something very important to do with the taste. So, that's the Applebees story.
Saturday, we went to the NIHPA tractor show. This is an annual outing for us, as you can imagine. It's also where the title for the blog comes in. Aside from tractors, NIHPA also hosts other groups to provide fine, hillbilly entertainment. The good time cloggers, and some something Western Dancers. The western dancers were performing at this particular time. They are apparently part of some cult, and all wear telling bright yellow shirts as they are doing their dancing. Anyway...
They were performing the "electric slide" - very contemporary western dance, mind you - and caught Jade's attention. She ran over to the gazebo, and felt it necessary to participate in the line dance. Funny thing was that she was also clad in a bright yellow shirt (no, not the cult shirt, a John Deere shirt) and cowboy boots. She fit right in, and really enjoyed cutting a rug. I'll add pics later, so check back - they're pretty cute. This turned out to be a very expensive day for us. Aside from the $10 admission, Brian felt it necessary to visit the flea market, where he purchased $30 worth of "collectables." Of course, then Vincent wanted a toy too, and chose one of the most expensive, metal combine tractors they had. We are now up to $90. Believe it or not, we walked around that show, danced, took pictures, shopped, and went on hayrides for almost 3 full hours. Incidentally, we ran out of money half way through, at which time I was directed to the ATM at a nearby gas station. Brian and the kids stayed behind. As I was about half way to the car (read, 1 mile or so from where we were) to go get more money, I realized the car KEYS were in the stroller, with the kids and Brian. I walked back, and then looked for them for roughly 30 minutes. I couldn't exactly ask anyone, "have you seen the guy with a stroller and two kids in John Deere shirts?" as that was just about every one there. This is also probably the same reason why I must have walked right past them at least twice, as Brian claims he never left his post where I left him. Oh well. I needed the exercise. Oh, yeah make that total $94 now that we had to add bank fees for two banks for a "non-Chase" ATM. Geez.
That was about it for Saturday, except I made some really kick ass hamburgers for dinner. This is a really interactive blog, isn't it? By the way, kraftfoods.com has great, easy, dummy proof recipes.
Sunday was ok. I got up in the morning and taught a body safety class at a church in LaPorte. As I was driving home, I happened to see Downtown Dawgs, the business my first customer bought that canvas fireworks picture for the grand opening. I stopped in and viewed my work, as it was prominently displayed in a very conspicuous place in the restaurant. Yay.
Brian sealed the deck when I got home. Vincent played literally ALL DAY with the neighborhood boys, so that was good. I rode Harley (see photo, right), then came home and watched football. Oh yeah, I made a pork roast for pulled pork sandwiches too. Then I mourned at the Broncos horrible loss to the Colts. Of course, the first Bronco's game that is actually broadcasted in this area, and they perform miserably. Actually, the first quarter wasn't bad at all, then all hell broke loose. Oh well. It was still a decent weekend.

No comments: