Monday, October 15, 2007

Cute Kids and a Well Behaved Quarter Horse

I haven't been very good about updating the blog. No excuses this time. I'm just lazy. My sister came into town the other week. I haven't seen her in quite some time, so it was nice to be able to hang out and let the kids play and stuff. Her girls (my nieces) are getting so big. It's so strange to only see them here and there... it really makes you realize how much they grow, and grow up, over time. Anyway, Marley, the younger one, really likes horses. The only problem is that my sister is truly DEATHLY allergic to anything with hair and four legs, so that presents a problem for the girls when they want to go horseback riding.

I thought I'd take the opportunity to take them myself, where she could be counties away, and hopefully not affected. To give you an idea of how deathly allergic she is, I was in a horse show. I won a few ribbons and thought the kids would like to have them. These ribbons didn't even touch the horse, mind you. In fact the closest they came to a a horse was just being at a horse show, and then touching me after I touched the horse, but only long enough to put each one in the truck. Well, roughly 5 hours AFTER I touched them, she touched them (the ribbon) and had an allergic reaction. That's impressive.


Kinda makes you wonder just how much information you leave just by entering and exiting a room, dosen't it?


Anyway. I think the girls had a good time. At least they acted like they did. Did I mention Harley was well behaved? At one point, we had three wiggling kids on him at the same time, and he just went about in his ho-hum manner. Ya gotta love a nice Quarter Horse. I don't think I would trust too many other 4 year old horses to handle kids like that!


So we got them home, where they were promptly disinfected, washed down, and cleaned before coming into contact with Sis. I'll post again soon...

1 comment:

Auntie said...

Mya and Marley look like naturals! They'll want to fly to Indiana just to ride Harley. In a few years, all four of the kids will want to ride at the same time.