Sunday, October 28, 2007

This Time It's For Real

This time I'm really going to do it. And I need the eyes of the blogger community to make me stick to it. My goal is to lose 30 pounds.
Right now I weigh a healthy 165. I have back problems, and just feel sluggish. By all reports, I'm "overweight" and my BMI is too high. With all the heart problems and diabetes in my family, this is just not a good thing. I have been heavier than I am comfortable with my whole life and I'm tired of it.
I've tried thing after thing, and actually had success for a short time. Then I got pregnant. I was back where I started, and I didn't have the motivation to get low again.
My goal is 135. I don't have an "end date" in mind. I'm just going to follow my plan, not cheat, and see where it leads me.
I am trying the weight watchers plan, with 22 "points" per day and 35 "flex points" a week. I've heard that the meetings and weigh in's are what make it work, because you are actually accountable to someone. I'm not really into paying $40 a month to step on someone else's scale, so you are my audience. You are the people I'm going to be accountable to. And every Friday, you will hear of my progress (I've been doing this now for a few days already). I also plan on posting a "fat picture" of me too, so stand by. I figure if I make myself a national spectacle, I'll be more likely to succeed. If I don't do well this way, I'll probably bite the bullet and pay the $10 a month for the meetings. Stand by for updates.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good for you Jen!! I'll be rootin' for ya!!