Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Why Nextel Will Never Survive


So, I sat on hold forever. Literally, after over ONE MORE HOUR, I still didn't have anyone who knew how to send me a return label for the phone. I told the rep that I thought this was the most ridiculous adventure I have embarked on in some time, and strangely, she agreed. In fact, she was trying to patch me through to person A and person B, and getting the same types of responses I was getting. No one knows anything about anything. I asked her what would happen if I just threw it away. She replied, "Nothing." They had no record of my order, clearly, anyway. I told her I had to go, as I had spent the better part of my day not paying for their shitty service. I told her that if she could figure out how to do it, and if she wanted to generate a return label in HER time, I would gladly affix it to the box and ship it back to them. I said I'd wait a few days before putting the thing in the fire pit. Her response was a humble, "That's fine. Sorry for your trouble."

And so it ends.

We subscribed to Verizon, and I have already dropped 35% off my blood pressure reading. This phone is pretty cool, too. It has a camera (yeah, I'm in the 21st century like everyone else now) and GPS. All this on TWO phones (Brian's is the same) for only dollars/month over what we were paying Nextel. Awww, but damn, I don't have the "walkie talkie" anymore! Yeah, boo hoo. I have free unlimited in network calling. And it actually works. Take that, Sprint Nextel.

No comments: