Wednesday, October 17, 2007

WFMW: How to keep bedsheets organized

So some of you may be wondering, what the hell is WFMW? It stands for "Works for me Wednesday." I don't know it's origin, or even how to make my WFMW post part of the WFMW pool of good ideas that people share through blogging, but here it is anyway.

I have always hated trying to sort through bedsheets to find the matching topsheet, and then the two pillowcases, only to find that the queen fitted sheet is exactly the same tone of red as the twin topsheet for my kids bed...

You get the idea.

So to solve this problem and save you major headaches, when you wash your sheets, fold them neatly. Then place the fitted sheet, the top sheet, and any extra matching pillow cases into a pillowcase (the idea is to use the pillowcase that matches the sheets inside). Then you can store one pillowcase, full of clean matching sheets neatly in one stack. No more sorting through the entire linen closet (or wherever your linens are thrown - I mean, stored) to find a matching set! It also saves headache when you pull that towel out from under the sheet stack, tipping the sheet stack all over the floor, never to be as neatly folded again as it was to begin with. That is, unless you really just like folding sheets!
Works for me!!!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Hey, look at you! Cool! :)

Amy said...

Make sure you add your link at http://rocksinmydryer.typepad.com !

Tiffany said...

Wow! What a great tip! Thanks for sharing!

Amy said...

I have tagged you to do a meme! See:

http://prettybabies.blogspot.com/2007/10/my-first-meme.html

Love,
Amy

Martie said...

That is such an awesome idea. I kind of feel like hitting my head and saying, "Why didn't I think of that?" Thank you for the brilliant tip! I cannot wait to go re-organize my linen closet.

Hey, come visit me at The Big Yellow House sometime!

Martie

Audra Marie said...

Clever. I think I'll be doing that this week. :)