Monday, October 29, 2007

A Better Idea

So I thought as I was posting, since the big Weight Watchers theme is the community aspect of it, why not invite other blog fans to join me. We can blog about our successes, failures, problems, and ideas. We can do our own little WW meeting, right here on the blog. And we can report weigh ins to eachother and offer support. Anyone in?

I can say from what little experience I have with this... it's the easiest "diet" I have ever done. I am totally satisfied throughout the day, and the "flex points" really allow me to not get anxious about going to a party, or out to eat. A lot of people criticize WW for offering that its plan allows people to eat small amounts of stuff that isn't good for you. Well, that's true, but if you do it and stay honest, if it appeals to you to eat a slice of cheesecake with strawberries as your entire intake for a day, go right ahead. I'd rather have the ability to snack, and eat real meals. If I want to do this and stay within my points, I am forced to choose wisely.

I have already found a great thing, too. Kraftfoods.com offers tons of great (and stupid easy) recipes, plus they post the nutritional information for every recipe they have. This makes it even easier to figure "points"- all you need to know is the calories, fat, and fiber content of any recipe. I made this one last night. Vincent ate two plates full and Brian commented "this is really good!" I snuck and used Splenda instead of sugar. With sugar, it's only 7 points per serving. Use Splenda, and take off AT LEAST one full point. That's 6 points for a very filling and great tasting meal. Add a cup of steamed broccoli or other veggie... it was fabulous. I had this for breakfast today. Very filling again, and only 4 little points.

I think I'm in love. And I'm really going to be in love when I'm a sexy, healthy, weight!!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

You are very brave to start a diet right before Halloween and the rest of the fall/winter holidays. That pear toast looks amazing. Remind me next time you're down here to show you how I'm using Google Calendar for menu planning. It's rather brilliant. We'll see if I can sustain it!

Love,
Amy