Thursday, September 27, 2007

Warning: This Post is Very Dry

Hello there, friendly blogger fans. Can you tell I've been busy getting back into life and getting caught up on the things that went to the wayside during the weeks I was gone? Well, we're still here, plugging along. Today was my day off, and again, I'm just amazed at how much I get done, and how much more able I am to handle life when I have a TRUE day off. Suprisingly, even though I haven't written anything for almost a week, I really don't have a lot to talk about.
I redesigned my website, just changed a few things around. Let me know what you think. Still, I am very open to constructive criticism for making it better. It's great... I actually have about 6 things booked already for this fall. Of course, they are for friends and other people I know, and I won't make much (if any) money from any of it, but it will definitely help me get 1) some more stock photos, and 2) my name out there. I'm thinking of having t-shirts made up with the business name so my husband and my kids can be my walking billboards. I'm probably going to get a polo type shirt too, to wear at the various shoots so anyone attending the event will know who I am, and how to contact me if they need a photographer in the future.
Hopefully, this thing pays off. I'm really having a good time planning, and expending some of my creative energy. I told you this would be a boring post. Maybe something cool will happen tomorrow.

1 comment:

Amy said...

We recently got shirts for the business from www.queensboro.com and we were thrilled with the quality and the service. When we received the first set we ordered ($250 worth of shirts!) we weren't happy with the way the logo came out, so we were able to adjust the logo and re-order the entire order for free! The second ones came out much better. It wasn't anything they'd done wrong, just the way that the logo had translated from a .jpg to embroidery that didn't go well, and it wasn't something I could see from the "preview" on their website. They were wonderful about it... I've had more of a hassle returning $5 worth of stuff at Walmart.

Their minimum is only 4 pieces (MUCH lower than anyone else I've found), and they have awesome sales. If you want polo shirts, their cotton ones go on sale for $12.50 very often, and the embroidery is free. You can't even buy a polo shirt at Kohl's for that. Shipping was very reasonable too. Next time you're down here, I'll show you the ones we got, so you can see the quality.

Boy, I'm a real booster. But after spending twice as much for half the product with a local vendor, I'm sold on Queensboro!

Love,
Amy