Tuesday, December 4, 2007

WFMW: Easy Last Minute Meals

I'm glad I checked, because I had a really good WFMW post for this week that I'm sure many of you would've enjoyed, but I remembered this was a theme week, so, in the name of playing nice, I'll comply.
Shannon wants our best last minute meal ideas. I guess this is it. All you need is:

about a pound of ground beef (or ground whatever)
a box of regular old macaroni and cheese
one can of any vegetable that your family will eat
a can of cream of whatever soup
some shredded cheese, if you have it.

Preheat your oven to about 325. Brown the ground beef while cooking the macaroni noodles. When the ground beef is done, drain it, dump in the cooked (and drained) noodles, soup, vegetable and cheese powder from the mac and cheese and mix it all together.
Dump it all in a 13x9 pyrex, top it with the shredded cheese (optional) and stick it in the oven for 10-15 minutes, just to cook all the flavors together. While it's in the oven, pour the drinks, get the plates and silverware out, even do the dishes. Voila, as easy as it gets.

It also makes great leftovers, and the kids usually eat it up. You can also add any random spice you may have in the cabinet (garlic powder, italian seasoning, whatever) to jazz it up a little.

Be sure to check out my other WFMW posts:
Easy way to cut kids food...
Take a better group picture...
Taking better pictures...
How to keep holiday gift giving under control...
The best hair tie ever...
Keeping your linens organized in one easy step...
Turning lunch bags into diaper bags (are those raisins you're having?)...

Visit Shannon at Rocks In My Dryer for other great tips and ideas!!!

7 comments:

ellen b. said...

I don't know why I'm going through these posts with my laptop instead of my computer connected to the printer. silly me...
this sounds great!

Jen said...

I don't know why this posted twice.. really, I didn't do it on purpose!!!

Mandy said...

What a neat recipe! My printer is going to be getting such a workout! Thanks!

Phyllis Sommer said...

yum! i like the idea!

Lady Why said...

That's a great one!! I'm loving all these recipes!!

jennwa said...

Sounds good, thanks for sharing !

Melissa Markham said...

Garbage casserole...I love it:)