Wednesday, December 5, 2007

A True Miracle

I know it's the Christmas season and all, and I know that everyone is talking about miracles (well, in theory anyway). But this is a real, live, miracle. My grandma FINALLY has new carpeting. Without going into real detail, lets just say it was well overdue. Let's just say, I haven't seen anything but the green shag ever in her house, since I was a little girl. Well, the day has come that the non-English speaking workers overtook her house, and in a matter of hours, transformed it into a modern miracle.

Funny thing is, they say if you wait long enough, it'll come back into style. Funny thing is that when I googled "green shag" I got a bunch of stuff that is, well, back in style (apparently). I thought I'd get a couple of links to someones family portrait from 1952, but I'm seeing where I can actually order some NEW green shag of my very own!!! Imagine that. That's ok though, believe me, this family is glad to see it go. Along with the green slate tile that was under it (or is that back in, too?). Contact me. I know where you can find about 150 square yards of the stuff. Free.

I love how they now call it "retro green" shag rug to attract young, trendy buyers. Lets call it what it is. 1970's flashback OD green brushable carpet. Anyway. I took these pictures as evidence for any of those distant (Sissy) family members who may not believe the day has actually come that it is in... behold. No more green shag...

I know, it's pathetic that I have about 10,000.00 worth of camera equipement at my disposal and this is the best I can do to document the miracle, but you can thank Motorola and Razr for these high quality images...

I'm so happy for her. Now we just have to get the Hummels back in the cabinet...

1 comment:

Auntie said...

GRANDMA HAS BEEN WORKING HARD FOR THE PAST TWO DAYS PLACING THE HUMMELS BACK INTO THE CHINA CABINETS. THANK GOODNESS, NO MISHAPS!! THE CABINETS ARE FULL AND LOOK REALLY NICE. YOU'LL HAVE TO TAKE PICTURES! IT REALLY HAS BEEN A FEAT GETTING THE HOUSE NEWLY CARPETED. IT WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ACCOMPLISHED WITHOUT YOU, BRIAN, SHELLEY, MOE, MIKEY, AND JANET (AND BRIAN, YOUR PARTNER FROM WORK). BETWEEN THE TEARING UP OF THE OLD CARPETING, THE REMOVING OF THE SLATE FLOORS UNDER THE CARPETING (IN THE LIVING ROOM AND DINING ROOM), AND THE MOVING OF LOTS OF HEAVY FURNITURE OUT AND BACK IN -- IT WAS A MAMMOTH TASK. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!! GRANDMA AND GRANDPA ARE REALLY HAPPY WITH THE NEW PLUSHY-FEELING SAGE GREEN CARPETING. THEY'VE BEEN SMILING NON-STOP FOR A WEEK!