Friday, November 2, 2007

Weigh in Friday

SUCCESS!!!
I lost 5 pounds this week. I tried really hard not to step on the scale before today (I cheated once) to see my progress... I didn't want to get discouraged if I didn't see an improvement early on. So far the plan is going really well. I have been eating healthier than I have ever in my life and I am actually feeling the difference. I was kinda doing another diet plan for a few weeks before this, and was eating better then too (more whole grains, fruits, and vegetables) so I'm sure it's adding up by now. I have come up with some really good meals through kraftfoods.com (check my earlier post). I even made a recipe with Boca ground... uh... stuff, fed it to both the husband and the kids, and no one knew it wasn't ground beef (till now, anyway). And it's loaded with fiber, low in fat and calories.
I made a bracelet that helps me to keep track of my points. It has beads with a different colored bead every 5 beads. I move a little charm around as I use up my points so I have a constant visual reminder of what I have left for the day. I put the 35 flex points in different colored beads after the daily beads. That way I don't have to remember to carry around a notepad or something else to record the points on. And if you know me, I won't remember how many I have used more than 5 minutes after I eat, so this works really well for me.
So, I'm happy. I am also impressed that I sat and passed out Halloween candy and didn't eat one piece while I was sitting there. This really isn't so bad. If I want a treat, I just count it and move on. I can live with that!

4 comments:

Amy said...

WOW! That is outstanding!!! I love your bracelet idea. When I did WW I used an old blank checkbook register. The bracelet thing is way smarter.

Congratulations. You might just convert me... Maybe I'll join your e-WW-group.

Love,
Amy

Auntie said...

Super weight loss -- keep up the good work!! Where are the pics of the kid's in their costumes? Love ya!!

Auntie said...

Oops -- kids not kid's. From an old English teacher.

Brian said...

Great job honey! I'm proud of you!

Love,

Brian