Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Very Dangerous Week


We have been flirting with disaster all week. Really living life on the edge. Yesterday the weather was AWESOME (with the exception of a few here and there rain showers), so we took the opportunity to put up some Christmas lights. Yeah, I know, it's a little soon, but it sure beat trying to do it in the freezing cold. I haven't even bought one Christmas gift yet, so don't be overly impressed with my efforts...
Jade got another birthday gift from a friend of ours that she LOVES. It's one of those horses that is on 4 springs and a frame that she can jump on and ride back and forth. I tried to put a picture of her riding it on the blog, but realized I took the picture of her on it on my phone and stored it on the phone instead of the memory card. And I'm not paying to send a picture that I took to myself. She's not here right now to duplicate the moment, but I'll post one as soon as I take another. Anyway, the reason this is posted under the title "A very dangerous week" is because she had her first spill on the plush horse. She was riding with a little too much exuberance and her hands slipped off the little hand pegs. She shot backwards and landed who knows how. She looked up, gave a little whimper, then got back on and was back to riding.
What a natural!
Back to the Christmas lights topic. The whole time Brian was up on the ladder, I was envisioning him spilling to the ground, then being laid off work and everything else for 6 months. All in the name of home decorating.
It didn't happen though, and our little LED display is ready for the day after Thanksgiving. I thought it was pretty funny, as he stood at the top of a 10 foot ladder, and told me "hold the ladder" how silly holding the ladder really is. As if my 160 pound body is going to stop a 210 pound man 10 feet in the air from toppling over if he were to start to go. Yeah. I may care, but I'm not Hercules! What a silly concept! With all that leverage, there'd be no way in the world I'd even slow down the topple. Oh well, I guess it only matters that it feels more secure, right?

No comments: