Thursday, November 29, 2007

Poor Me.

I see a theme here. As a person involved in law enforcement the recent disappearance of Stacey Peterson from Bolingbrook, IL, and this spring's disappearance of Theresa Parker, I am disturbed. Both were (or as they claim, are) wives of police officers. I have watched both of their husbands taped television interviews and see an alarming similarity to both Drew Peterson and Sam Parker. It's all about me. Even when asked about how they feel about their wives leaving them for another man, how they feel about the fact that they haven't been seen or heard from, they make a short boo-hoo statement, and go right back in to how it's all so unfair for THEM.
This http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=11188157 is a link to the Sam Parker interview and this http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-US&brand=msnbc&vid=98456f87-5fda-422e-a4c2-285b8e94a648is a link to the Peterson interview. Watch them both. Now I'm no statement analysis expert, but isn't there a shocking similarity between these two men, and their stories?
If you couldn't tell, I've been very interested in the Peterson case. While I know first hand that the media makes mistakes, and that there is A LOT more to a story than what's made public, I still find the facts, or lack thereof, in this case very interesting. These men just don't appear to be mourning the disappearance of their wives. Or even bothered by the fact that they "ran off" with other men... which is alarming, given most police officers I know are extremely type A people. They like to be in control. And have mercy on the person who crosses them. I doubt any person, especially someone with a take control personality would just shrug something like this off, and turn on the "poor me, I'm the victim" mentality.
I've already convicted Drew Peterson. I hope a jury does the same, someday.

No comments: