Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I'm A Crazy Lunatic Person

That's a term my mom used to use. I guess I got it from her. It couldn't be farther from the truth, however. In fact, it's a small miracle that I am even here typing to whomever is interested in my little life.

I think in my last post I was preparing for my first paid wedding. Well, it went last Saturday and there were no major problems to speak of. It reminded me a lot of my wedding in that it was kind of simple and pretty laid back. Nice, but simple. And everyone had a good time. Through the process of being "their photographer" I got to know the couple pretty well and really enjoyed the day with them. That following Sunday I shot engagement pics for a couple whose wedding is this December. They were a lot of fun, too.

Since I'm having my surgery tomorrow (yuck) I haven't really been indulging in a lot at work as far as cases go, so I was able to be an actor in our active shooter training this week. Basically, we find a school that will let us in, and play cops and robbers. No really, it's serious training especially with all the crazy stuff at schools and colleges now days. There are all different kinds of sceneraios that we play out, and we all learn a lot in the process. Plus it's nice to get out of the office and away from the desk for a few days.

Vincent had his final final day of preschool last Friday. They had a little graduation ceremony for the kids which was really cute. It was kind of sad because so many of the kids in his preschool class are from the city, whereas he will go to a different school than all of them. I'm sure though once he hits kindergarten he'll be off and running with new friends. As you can see he's developed some relationships already.

He just looks too little to be taking pics like this with his little friends. Never mind the shirt and jeans. He had a FIT when I told him he wasn't going to wear that shirt. I figured it's his graduation. He's the one that is going to have to live with wondering why his mom dressed him this way... especially when these pics come up at HIS wedding!

Wish me luck tomorrow. I'll get back as soon as I'm coherent.

No comments: