Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Summer Fun

The kids have really been taking advantage of the absolutely perfect weather we've had the past few days. I also got my new camera so I thought I'd get a few shots of them (and mommy) enjoying some fun time outside.

In other news, since I haven't had a chance to really go into detail about the kids Arizona trip, I thought I'd highlight some of the things they got to do. Of course, I wasn't there so I'm taking all of this from other sources...

I think the number one attraction was the swimming. Vincent is totally a fish in the water. It's helped I'm sure that he's had 2 years of preschool where 2 out of the 3 days they swim at the YMCA. Kind of built in swim lessons - worth every penny if you ask me. It's like a 2 for 1. Pay for preschool, get preschool and swimming lessons. Plus, at 5 he can totally swim unassisted, go off diving boards, slides, swim underwater, float, freestyle, and just about everything else. They also stress water and pool safety, which is huge (obviously). Jade even learned how to kick across the pool. I'm so lucky the kids aren't afraid of water. Both of them have taken to it so well.

Vincent went to vacation bible school with my sister's kids during the week. Again, dual benefit. He got out of my mom's hair for a few hours, had some learning time, and some grown up kid time with his cousins.

They went bowling a few times, too. They had the little bumper things in the gutters, so every ball was a good ball. They got strikes and spares, which I heard about in detail each time I talked to them on the phone. Now all they need is a league, some cigarettes, a can of Old Style, and a double wide...

My sister and my brother in law have a camper and entertained in camper-esque style one night with the kids.

Staying up late, partying with the cousins, no naps, and fun times - that's what it was all about.

The kids are so busy... thanks to sis, Moe, Mom and Lloyd for taking such good care of them for the week. They loved the trip, and it really helped me not having to worry about what they were doing for that first week after my surgery. It was perfect timing.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: