Saturday, June 28, 2008

Well This Sucks

I don't know why I've been awake since 4:00 this morning. For some reason yet to be determined, I just woke up randomly and CANNOT go back to sleep. So here I am at 6 am, blogging. This is just all wrong. Brian was working last night so I was laying there tossing and turning thinking, "I just know that as soon as I fall back asleep, he'll come home and wake me up." Don't get me wrong - he is usually extremely quiet give or take an errant occasional crash here and there - I'm just a really really light sleeper. It seems like ever since the kids came along, every little creak or crack wakes me right the hell up. That will come in handy when they're teenagers. Not so handy now.

I've been taking melatonin recently (occasionally) to help me sleep better, well, and to avoid situations like this one. I should have taken some last night but I didn't go to bed till around midnight and I didn't want to be groggy this morning. We won't make that mistake again. I think I could deal with a little passing groggieness to avoid this. Nothing that a little dose of double strength coffee couldn't handle anyway, right? Oh well. I think I'm going to surf over to my photography forum and hang out there for a while.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Insomnia is the worst. Especially with kids, because you know that no matter how badly you need it, getting a nap later is going to be nearly impossible. Hope you're not dragging too badly today.

BJ let me sleep until 11:45 am today and I feel like a complete slug. As penance, I woke up with a headache. Oops. :)

Love,
Amy