Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Wish Me Luck

This weekend, I'll be shooting my first paid wedding. What's good is that I kind of knew the groom before they realized who I was (in the looking for a photographer stage). I know his parents pretty well, in fact, the groom's mother did some babysitting for us a while back. I wouldn't say they're "friends" but they definitely at least qualify as "acquantainces". Hopefully, this will help with some of the stress of the day on my end.
I'm excited, though, and keep going over and over the things I need. I'm so pumped to get this right. Additionally, I took some family portraits for a family last weekend near the Michigan City lighthouse on the beach. I put the pictures up for proofing on my website, and called the girl I scheduled with today to let her know they were up. She said she already knew, and that her mom called her at 6:30 in the morning to let her know they were up. She said she cried when she looked at them. Hopefully this was because she was happy with them, not because they were miserable. I assume it was the first scenario, as she seemed really positive about ordering soon.

The girl that I talked to about leasing Harley is going to go ahead with it. She's had horses her whole life and has a lot of experience. Hopefully she'll not only be able to keep Harley where he's at in his training now, but be able to progress him some, too. Sam's foot is pretty much better (I think) so Brian's gonna try and ride him for the first time in a month tomorrow.

Right now I'm dyeing 4 yards of muslin fabric in our washing machine. There's just something that feels wrong about dumping DARK GREEN DYE into the washing machine. I guess it does give me an excuse to run an empty load with bleach, though when I'm done.
Can you tell my day's kind of been all over the place? It seems like I've gotten a weeks worth of stuff accomplished in one day. Not that that's a bad thing...

1 comment:

Amy said...

What are you dying? I've always wanted to try Rit, but have never had the guts.

I'm annoyed that I don't have the password to see the pics that made your clients cry. Narg. I will have to make some up and see if I can crack your code.

I just finished watching National Treasure, and I can assure you that your password is not 1776 or anything related to the Revolutionary War. Nuts.

Love ya,
Amy