Friday, June 6, 2008

Busy Laying Here

The hospital has an internet connection, so I had Brian bring my laptop so I could stay in touch with the rest of the world when I'm not sleeping.
My surgery went really well, and the surgeon in fact had to do less than he thought he'd have too. It's all medically really complicated to try to explain in a drug induced state, but my body was actually anatomically blessed so he could do all the work he needed to do thru the front and didn't have to go in through the back at all.

I am feeling pretty good though, and have been up walking a bit today. What really sucks is to cough.

I got some very very beautiful flowers from my family and from Ron and Kay Belin. They smell so good and really help to brighten up the room. The kids are at the airport as I type and are waiting to get on their airplane to Arizona. Of course it's delayed for about 2 hours, so I'm sure my angels are sitting quietly in the terminal waiting their turn (not).

I've had visitors which has really helped to lift my spirit. Everyone has been so helpful and supportive - I'm going to be in major favor debt once this is all over.

I'm gonna go. Just wanted to do a quick update to let everyone know I'm ok. Pass it on. Also I have my cell phone here with me so if you want to call (illegally of course) I might answer it.

Thanks to everyone for their love and support!

3 comments:

Amy said...

SO glad to hear from you, and that everything went well. YAY! You've been on my mind so much.

Are you at PMH? We're going to be in town tomorrow, and I was thinking I could pop in to say hi and bring you anything you may need.

E-mail or call - I won't call you because it's getting late and I don't want to disturb you. Your wish is my command... Good books, Slurpees, trashy romance novels, US Magazine... Whatever. :)

Love,
Amy

Unknown said...

We're happy everything went okay and that you're recovering well...sorry we can't come and visit you though. Hope you get well soon!

Love,
Emily & the girls :)

The Saunders Family said...

Jen,
Glad to hear that it went well and you are on the mend! best wishes
jessica