Sunday, March 30, 2008

What's $300 Anyway...




I thought that would get your attention...
We have always tried to teach our kids to share, share, share. Well, yesterday, Vincent was over at his friend's house next door playing. He came home and announced that he was looking for his Pokemon cards. I guess they were trading or something. Anyway, he couldn't find the cards, and I wasn't sure where he had put them, so I suggested he look on the kitchen counter. He did, looked a few other places, and went back next door.
A few minutes later, he comes back in the front door and into the tv room, "Mom, Mrs. Rittle is here!" Ok, I think, why is Mrs. Rittle here. What did he do that couldn't be resolved with a simple phone call, or a simple sending him home. Why did my neighbor feel it necessary to actually bring my kid back home?

I met her at the front door, where she promplty handed me 3, one hundred dollar bills. She told me that the kids were all playing when it got eerily quiet. You know, moms, that quiet that means something is definitely wrong. So she went to investigate and saw my kid handing each of his friends, yes, a one hundred dollar bill.

Here's the story. We had a little mishap involving the rear bumper of our Expedition and the front quarter panel of a friend's pick up truck. Our other neighbor nicely fixed it for us for, you guessed, $300 dollars. We were going to pay him today so the money was sitting on our counter top. The rest is history.

Thank goodness for alert neighbors. Otherwise, I think there would have been some spend happy kids in our neighborhood... and a really popular 5 year old...

1 comment:

The Schnicks said...

All three of the $100 bills have the same serial number. I think I need to contact the USSS to take down your counterfeit operation.