Friday, March 28, 2008

What the Hell is a Thundersnow?

Yesterday, in the midst of possibly one of our most unusual spring/winters ever around here, we had a thundersnow. Apparently, it's a fairly uncommon weather circumstance, but apparently has something to do with lake effect precip, of which we have plenty. Anyway, I was picking up the kids yesterday from the sitter when I saw a huge flash of light. Immediately, I exclaimed, "what the hell was that?" and then I heard the very very loud clap of thunder. When it does that and you look outside and see sleet/ice/and snow coming down, it's a little unusual.

The strange thing about it was that it kept up for a while. It wasn't like just one big bang and it was over, this storm went on for over an hour like this. I guess if it has to snow, thunder makes it a little more tolerable. You can just close your eyes and pretend its summer, I suppose. Although, ANY measureable snow in the end of March just kind of pisses me off. Speaking of pissing me off, read this. It's pretty funny, and seems like something that has happened in my house a time or two...

As I write, Dawn, our new housekeeper is undoing years of filth in my home. She asked for a ladder this morning to do the ceiling fans (how can you NOT love a woman like that?) as she pulled out her paintbrush to get in the little screen that is by the motor of the fan. Uh, yeah. I told her I didn't realize she got that picky, and guaranteed her it had never been done before. She said, "oh, yeah, the paint brush is great for other areas of the house, too, like the wood grain in the doors."

The wood grain in the doors? Isn't that illegal or something?

I hardly use a paint brush for painting, let alone getting the dust out of the wood grain pattern on my interior doors.

I think I'm in love...

No comments: