Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Ahh, Melatonin...

I am writing to you tonight in an altered state... vicodin and melatonin, to be exact. I took these for legitimate reasons, really. I was up at 0:dark thirty this morning to work the desk at work. I was en route to work in the dark, which is totally against my policy. I didn't eat anything of real sustenance until roughly 8:30 pm, so I really had quite a remarkable headache. And I didn't sleep for more that about 34 minutes last night (due to the fact that I had to get up at 0:dark thirty). I love love love melatonin. Nights when my head is racing, or nights that I just NEED a good, hard sleep, I pop one of those little miracles, and sleep like a baby. Well, maybe more like a college student on Monday morning...

Amy, by the way, you get my thumbs up as far as I'm concerned for melatonin. The stuff works, and dosen't affect you the next day like other "sleep aids."

I also have had an extraordinary amount of lower back pain lately. In fact, Monday I thought I was actually going to have to call in sick, because I wasn't sure I could get out of bed - literally. Well, I made it out and to the chiropractor. This is another hot topic with me. I'm not into the whole "alternative medicine" thing, but I'll tell you the chiropractor just works. A few minutes on the table and a few snap/crackle/pops later, and I am walking out $18 poorer, and almost 100% better. No kidding.

I was at the scene of this crash yesterday - you can read the news article. None the less, it was pretty amazing. One, that any one actually lived that was in that car. Two, that is is SO SO SO important to wear your seatbelt PROPERLY and not under your arm, or around your back or whatever. Wear it like you should. Not like it would have made a difference in this case, but still. Notice I'm not in the picture. I was actually standing next to the photographer, checking out his equipment...okay. I'm going to bed now.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my. I can't imagine going to work and seeing the things you do. You're so strong.

You're right - it's a major freakin' miracle that anyone lived through that with only "pain, abrasions, and contusions." Jeez.

You know, I've driven around the world twice (literally) on 65, and I've only been in one (minor) accident. It's amazing what can happen. We take it for granted that we're safe...

Ugh, I'm going to drive more carefully tomorrow. You go get some sleep. Call me if you have time tomorrow.

Love,
Amy

The Schnicks said...

That crash was no where near the horse barn. ;-)