Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Houston, We Have A Problem

I lied. When I said I went to the chiropractor for my back pain, and voila it was better, I was only partially correct. I was correct in the sense that I felt better then, but as the days have progressed, I am back to bad. Actually, I am back to worse. It got to the point that I just can't stand it and I'm really tired of using Vicodin just to get through a day.

Today was my day off, so I went to the doctor. Not just any doctor, I went to the one that did my back surgery in 1997. He ordered a "stat" MRI and X-rays and I follow up with him, films in hand, tomorrow. Of course, due to the fact that I now have "films in hand" I had to look at them. I figure I'm qualified - I've seen them before and I know how to Google "herniated disk." Here are the results:

The first is the sample MRI of a herniated disk (this one's not mine):
And here's mine:
Now, I'm no doctor but that doesn't look good for me as far as I'm concerned. I guess I'll hear the real verdict tomorrow. Until then, it's vicodin and red wine all the way...

3 comments:

Amy said...

Dr. Dad wants to know if you have any pain in your legs. He says it looks yucky between your L5 and S1. I agree, and I'm a little worried about the disc between L4 and L5, too.

What back surgery?

Love,
Amy

Amy said...

P.S. Hope you feel better soon, and that you don't need surgery, but if you do I will totally make you soup and watch your kids for you.

The Schnicks said...

You better be at work tomorrow! I don't want to hear any excuses.