Tuesday, March 11, 2008

This Place Sucks


As I type to you today, I am currently in prison. Really!

The fun thing about it though, is that unlike most of the people here, when I'm done, I'm going to get in my car and go home.

I was asked to take the intern on a tour today, so that's why I'm here. I've been here way more times than I'd like to remember, so I figured I'd wait in the internal affairs office (away from the offenders) while the IA guy takes her on the tour. Really, how many times does one person need to see where they make license plates?

This is a pretty cool place, if you could just get rid of all the prisoners. I'm at the one in Michigan City, which is the oldest prison in the state. Apparently it housed criminals like John Dillinger, and is currently also where Indiana's Death Row is. It's also where all state executions are done.
Anyway, enough on that. Tonight we are going to dinner with some friends of ours to the new Italian place here in town. I've heard rave reviews about it. I'm sure I will find something on the menu that is Weight Watcher's friendly - yeah, right. I don't think "italian" and "weight watchers" are even allowed to be spoken in the same sentence.
Speaking of weight watchers. As many of you have probably noticed, I haven't been posting my Weigh In Fridays lately. That's because I suck. I totally have ignored all the principles of being a good weight watcher, and have lately been eating whatever I damn feel like eating. I have done it with some moderation, and still weigh under 145 though. Not much under, but under. I recommitted myself to the program this week, though, and I think I'll have a loss this week. That is, if I can find something to eat tonight that doesn't have 10 sticks of butter in it...

2 comments:

Amy said...

You know, I know this is going to come off really weird, but some day I would really be interesting in touring the prison, if you could arrange it somehow.

I am odd, I know, but it's one of those places that I (probably) will never see otherwise, and I'm curious to see whether it's like it is in the movies, or better, or worse.

Love,
Amy

The Schnicks said...

You stole my slogan for ISP!