Monday, March 17, 2008

Another Wedding

Hooray! I booked another wedding today for this fall. That makes a total of 4, with a few promising prospects on the horizon. Today was pretty lame. I worked all day and as soon as I was getting ready to leave, it started to ice/sleet/rain/snow. This past weekend I was looking at Sunday's sale ads and saw all the Easter clothing on sale. It all showed pictures of happy tots and their families in cute little sundresses, with cute little white sandals strolling through fields of lush green grass as the sun shined down upon their pretty little heads.

I don't know where you are, but that's definitely NOT how Easter looks in NW Indiana, especially when they decide to hold Easter before April 1st. This in fact is a direct quote of OUR Easter forecast. "Sunny start, but clouding over as low pressure passes to the south. Continued cold as highs fail to reach 40 degrees. Northeast winds." Not so great for that little bunny, or the 3 year old in sandals, I'd say...
In other news. I scheduled an appointment with a house cleaner for her to come give us an estimate on cleaning our house. Some friends of mine, who happen to be totally, well, frugal lets say, use her and say it's totally worth every penny. One girlfriend of mine excalimed "she's my favorite person." Since we've been considering it anyway, I thought there's no time like the present. It's not like we won't still do dishes, laundry, and basic day to day stuff, she's just going to do the stuff that we hate. Like cleaning the baseboards, dusting, ceiling fans, bathrooms, microwaves... well, pretty much everything else. We work hard. We deserve it, right?

2 comments:

The Saunders Family said...

Jen,
I was just thinking the exact same thing when I saw the Sunday paper. I think Maria will wear a winter dress she has that includes a sweater, and she will wear tights and closed shoes...no sandles here yet!
This is Lee's friend Jess by the way...the one she brought to the scrapping day a couple times a few years back...Love the pictures you took of them...they are great!
Happy Easter
Jessica

The Schnicks said...

The housekeeper is the best thing since sliced bread!!!!