Wednesday, August 1, 2007

It's Official

It's official. I am now a photography business. I decided to call it Jennifer Lynn Event Photography. The "Event" portion is in there because jenniferlynnphotography.com is already being used. As you could probably guess, I have subscribed to my very own website as well. It's not up and running yet, but I have secured the domain jenniferlynneventphotography.com.
Short and sweet, huh? Hopefully, I will be able to start designing it in the next few days.
Anyway, aside from creating a new business, I investigated a prison escape today. Not a jail break, a prison escape. From the big house. Here's a link to the story.

The very very scary thing about all this is that it was WAY TOO EASY. There are two rows of fencing at Westville. The first is about 10' high, with razor wire on top. Not so easy to scale. The second row, with about 8 feet between the two, is again about 10' high, with two strands of barbed wire on top. Now, I'm not a prisoner, but I've been in plenty of prisons. I guaran-damn-tee you that if I'm looking at 20 years in WCC or taking on two strands of barbed wire, I think I'm taking my chances on the barbed wire! The problem is that the geniuses that built the building and/or the fence, butted the building up against the first razor wire fence. The razor wire goes along the roof line, but, as this felon noticed, all you have to do is kick out the back panel of a pole barn (something Vincent could probably do if he really tried) and you're past the razor wire fence.

Believe me. This took absolutely no skill. And all that was left of him was a torn piece of prison khakis on top of the fence, attached to a barb. It was so easy in fact, that I climbed the fence, and got the piece of clothing off the top of the fence for evidence. Now, if my fat ass can climb this thing, a desparate inmate would have absolutely no problem. Obviously.

Not to mention, they placed this building at the back of the property, where people are not, and incidentally, the building it so tall, you can't see the fence section from any of the guard towers.

Unbelievable.

This couldn't be something cool like "Shawshank Redemption." This was just an opportunistic criminal doing what he does best... avoiding accountability and consequences for decisions he has made.

No comments: