Thursday, August 30, 2007

Loser

I'm such loser. I always have good intentions to post more frequently, and then I get sidetracked and do other things instead. Actually, this time I have a good excuse. I have been preparing my web page. You can check it out at this link. It should actually be up and running at jenniferlynneventphotography.com by Friday night. I won't be home though (we're going to Brown Co. again) so I'm not sure if I actually will have to do something to "launch" it, but if I do, I won't be doing it till Sunday when we get home.
So I was getting the horse trailer ready for the weekend. At the barn (and anyone who knows horses will understand) usually in the past has had normal size bales of hay. Like, ones that while heavy, can reasonably be lifted by at least a somewhat capable person. Well this year, they baled hay into these super bales. They need to use the Bobcat just to move them around the barn. This presents a small problem when needing to load one into a 2.5 foot wide horse trailer door. So I broke the balling strings, and just loaded the hay flake by flake (a flake is a section of hay for you city slickers) into the trailer. I had my doubts about this setup... hay tends to make a huge mess when it's not contained. I was right. When I got home, I opened the door to see my neatly stacked flakes strewn across the entire tack stall in the trailer.
Awww, damn! So I spent the next 30 minutes or so stuffing garbage bags with loose hay... I sure hope this isn't indicative of the rest of the trip...
Anyway. We have relatives coming to watch the monkeys so we can get the hell out of here for a while... I need to make some dinners for them to heat up. I'll report when we return.

1 comment:

littlegeo said...

have a good trip!! ^^