Monday, July 30, 2007

V de Vomir

I spent my weekend cleaning up throw up. It's true. It just amazes me how children can be totally fine one minute, and near death the next. As was the story with Jade. On Saturday, she played and played like normal all morning. She ate lunch just fine (we'll see that again!) and took her nap. Nothing unusual. Just another Saturday afternoon.
Well, she woke up kind of weepy (unusual), so I went up to check on her. Well, her skin nearly burned mine. I estimate her temperature to be somewhere in the 103' range. She was limp and lethargic, so I picked her up and carried her into the bedroom, where she lay with me and Brian (after her nap) for about another hour or so. I put her in the TV room to watch toons while I took a shower. When I got out of the shower, she was found lying on the floor in our walk in closet (unusual). I picked her up and sat her on the bed, where she proceeded to lose her entire lunch.
Well, after the big cleanup, I gave her some Tylenol, and after a few hours on the couch, she seemed better. She even went outside and played ball with Kirby for a little while. The next morning was the same story. Fever. Small breakfast. 200 gallons of vomit, all over me and the couch. This was one that warranted Brian getting out of bed after only a few hours of sleep to help clean up. Jade then slept all day. Literally. Until about 5pm, when she finally started to come around. No other symptoms. Bizarre.
I thought about taking her to the doctor, but came to the realization that I was sure to get the pre-recorded message, "It's a 24 hour virus. There's nothing we can do. Just give her Tylenol and Advil for the fever and keep her hydrated. Thank you, that'll be $30.00"
She was a little better this morning, once the Advil kicked in.
I'll report tomorrow, when I'm sure Vincent will be afflicted.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh no! Sick babies are no fun at all. Poor J!

I totally know what you mean about the recorded virus message. I'm much wealthier now that I've figured that one out. Those co-pays add up quickly, don't they?

Hope V only gets the 2.4 hour version, instead, if he must get something.