Tuesday, August 7, 2007

I'm Better Now

Ok, I'm better now. I just had to get that out of my system (see previous post). It's true though... anyway.

This past weekend was our 6th (woo-hoo) wedding anniversary. We decided kinda at the last minute to say in Indy for a night. By the way, I figured if someone really wants to stalk us, they'd be able to do it with the information I've already provided, so have at it. Really. I dare you :)

We stayed at the Omni Hotel Downtown and had dinner at Ruth's Chris SteakHouse. I'd say we ate very, very well. I highly recommend it to anyone who can justify spending $180 on a steak dinner. We spent the evening moving around downtown, stopping off at several of the fine microbreweries scattered about. RAM brewery was our first stop. Their "Big Horn Hefeweisen" is outstanding. Just make sure you get it with a lemon wedge. Then we had dinner. After that we went to Alcatraz Brewery, where we indulged in another wheat. Not as good as RAM's but drinkable. Third stop was tried and true Rock-Bottom Brewery. They also have a very good wheat.
After we had our fill of alcohol, we retired to our very luxurious king suite at the Omni. I had never stayed in a hotel quite this nice. I'd have to say the service, atmosphere, and everything about the room screamed luxury. Overall, it was a kick ass weekend. As you can see, I attached a few pictures of the room, as well as the view of the street from it.

I found something very strange about Indy. On select street corners, they have these orange lighted kiosks. On them are dancing/walking people. I thought it would correlate with the walk/don't walk signs for pedestians, but they don't. The dancing girl keeps dancing and the walking (rather, strolling) girl just keeps strolling. I can't quite figure it out. Brian said we should check at about 3am to see the drunk people dancing with the dancing girl. Another strange thing about these kiosks is that the girls are very scantily clad, for an orange kiosk image, I guess. Short skirts and walking boots. What kind of image is the city trying to portray? That, and they don't follow the pedestrian flow signs. They just keep walking and walking or dancing and dancing. You can't see it in this picture, but there is one of them (the dancing girl) under that tunnel in the distance.

The weekend was a good get away for us. Unfortunately, it's back to reality now though. Work, kids, pets, vacumming.... oh well. It give us character, right? Not to mention I'd go broke in a big hurry living in that city...

No comments: