Sunday, August 26, 2007

Party On

We had a party last night for Brian's birthday. Here is what it looked like this morning...
As you can imagine, everyone had a really good time. At least it seemed that way. And given the fact that we drank nearly all of the alcohol I had in my entire house, I'd say we had fun. I'm probably getting cussed in four counties this morning though! Everyone slept in little (except for me - see photo) and we got off to a slow but comfortable start this morning. It really could be a lot worse. So I was totally UNMOTIVATED to do anything all day. People coming in and out of the house tracked in all kinds of crud and grass and stuff, and I sat and looked at it all day. I was living in squalor. It was great :)

So we laid around the majority of the day and did mostly nothing. Well, at least until Brian looked at the hot tub from last night. With all the kids and what not in it last night it was, well, a little funky today. Usually it cleans up pretty good with chemicals, so we started that project. Brian wasn't paying attention and instead of putting clarifier in, he poured in filter cleaner. The only problem is that you don't pour filter cleaner directly into the tub. Instant foam. So we proceeded to drain the hot tub... truthfully, I'm somewhat surprised one of my smart ass friends hasn't put laundry soap in it yet... and don't get any ideas. The first one to do it will be here cleaning it all day - and I'd find out... I'm a detective.
The yard held out pretty good, especially seeing as how it was a total sponge from all the rain we've been getting. I'm just glad it didn't turn out like Woodstock.

Alright, I'm tired. I can't imagine why. I haven't done anything all day.

No comments: