Sunday, June 17, 2007

Little Homewrecker

Here's an update on cicada-head, potato-head, 89, and 90. I convinced my little collector to set them free. We will now refer to them as "free range cicadas." The funny thing was that after V let them out of the jar, they just kind of hung around where he dumped them... for quite a while. Maybe they were just in shock. They even let him play with them and stuff. I thought about making little costumes for them and dressing them up like Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, Johnny Cash, and Janis Joplin. Then I came to my senses.

I couldn't believe they tolerated being loaded into a front loader, poked, and otherwise tortured when they were perfectly free to just fly away.

Sis had a good time disassembling their former prison.

Since the original fab-4, we have outfitted exactly 3 neighbor kids with their own cicadas-in-a-jar. I never thought that such a nasty little bug could provide so many hours of entertainment. Who knew?

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. I hope your kids are being respectful of the fact that it is your day. Yeah, right, who am I fooling?
So, to honor all the stressed out, sleep deprived dads out there I found a funny little quote:
"We can learn many things from children…like how much patience we have, for example."
- Author unknown




No comments: