Monday, June 25, 2007

Little Einsteins

I've gotten in trouble because I have depicted in my blogs that my kids are terrors. Now, while I don't deny that, I have to admit that they have their cute moments, and even their moments when they actually surprise me with their politeness. V has definitely been the most outgoing and talkative one... it is sometimes a problem because all someone has to do is answer yes to the question he asks everyone, "Do you have a tractor?" and that person is automatically "in" as far as a non-stranger. Clearly, this poses problems from time to time. The next comment he'll make is "See, that person knows me!". The other day we were out taking care of the horses when the barns owners came in to feed. V is really excited at feeding time because they think he's cute so they allow him to help. Mr. Terry (as V refers to him) will calmly lift him up umpteen number of times so he can dump the grain into the feed bins at each stall. Yes, this about doubles the amount of time it takes him to feed, but I guess he's just a likable kid. V said "yes, sir" to Mr. Terry once in a response, so Mr. Terry just eats him up because of that.
J, on the other hand, is a little more reserved. I never understood how people got their toddlers to stay near them at stores/festivals/on walks.. really whenever there appears to be something more interesting somewhere else. Even when V was barely 1, he would just start walking toward whatever interested him, look back at me, and keep going. Never for one minute did he show even the slightest fear of me not being right next to him.

J, while not as clingy as some toddlers her age, is not quite that adventurous. She'd rather hold hands, and isn't too sure about wandering out of close range. This is good for us, especially because I'm often busy making sure V doesn't set up a deal to live with a farmer he meets or something. Who knows, I'd probably have random people showing up at my house to give him tractor rides they promised if I didn't keep a close eye (and ear) on him at all times.

J still doesn't have much to say. She's happy to point and make any noise that sounds like what she wants. And she'll do it all day before she says the word. Doesn't matter if you don't give her what she wants until she says it... she'll just get bored because you clearly are not understanding her and go find something else to do. But believe me, she understands you!

I feel like she'll talk when she's good and ready, and not a minute before. Maybe she'll be like Einstein. I can see the resemblance! He didn't talk until he was almost 3, when at the supper table one night, he exclaimed, "this soup is too hot!" His parents asked why he never said anything before, and he replied, "because until now, everything was in order." I'll support her if she wants to find some new theory or phenomenon and make millions of dollars... Colorado, here we come!
But no, really, seriously, I have good kids. They most certainly have their moments, but for the most part, I think they're on the right track. Just as long as they don't end up in prison... is that too much to ask for?

1 comment:

Auntie said...

Thank you, thank you!! We love your little monkeys!!