Sunday, June 10, 2007

Back Home to Chaos Land

Ok, so we're home now. And we're all still in one piece. No one is missing, and the horses are tucked away happily munching on hay in their stalls. I am so impressed with our planning... we didn't have even ONE mishap. Well, besides for the racoon that raided our campsite the first night and stole our potato chips, buns, and bread.
I got up Saturday morning and realized we didn't put the very heavy water jug on top of our food bin thingy and that the lid on the food bin thingy was off. But nothing appeared to be missing... until... we really looked and saw that the above named items were neatly not there. We investigated (as any normal police officers would do) and found our hot dog bun bag and half empty potato chip bag had been taken into the woods, emptied of the contents, and left. They left the marshmallows and granola bars... I think if they were really THAT smart, they'd have taken that instead of bread and potato chips. Oh well. I guess thats why I'm not a racoon.

So I spent my weekend looking at this...


A horses rear end. The brown one, not the one in jeans. Just kidding.


The weather was perfect and there were virtually NO bugs. Here is a pic of our campsite.


So anyway. I guess we were successful, no broken bones, no loose horses... just a little saddle sore, but my motto is that if you don't come home sore, you didn't have enough fun.


When we got home the kids acted happy to see us. It should be about another two weeks or so before we beat them back into submission post-staying-with-grandma-and-grandpa compliance with the rules. Everyone is in bed now, and I'm just trying to catch up with life.
Thanks to everyone who viewed the site... I guess we have a few fans after all!

1 comment:

Sis said...

Hi, Jennifer.

Glad you had fun. No doubt So. Indiana is the best the state has to offer. I miss it.

Hey, did you get the tie-dye dress I sent Jade? Or did I forget to send it and now can't find it?