Thursday, June 21, 2007

I Stand Corrected

I was wrong. The Top Thrill Dragster isn't launched with electromagnets... it's stopped with magnets. It's actually hydraulically launched. Silly me. I guess there is a small bit of comfort knowing that what is stopping you from catapoulting off into space is a natural force that doesn't rely on something manmade to function properly. Moving onward...

I have given you all daily entertainment, and for that you have a small price to pay. Leave me a comment here and there so I know I have an audience. Even if it says, "Hey, that blog really sucked," or "you need to get a life," at least I know I have someone viewing the fruits of my labors. Thanks.

So today is my day "off." B worked last night and goes back in tonight, so I get the pleasure of chasing the kids around all day, trying to keep their volume to a low roar so he can get at least a few minutes of sleep. It's fun, but I'm definitely not a full time stay at home mom.

Some of the ladies at work said when I came back after V was born, "Don't you hate coming back to work?" Call me crazy, but truthfully, no, I was kinda looking forward to it. After 8 months of being restricted to conversations consisting of "babababa" and "mamamama" and "dadada" etc. I was in fact quite ready for some adult human interaction.

I have to give credit to those who can find the patience to stay home 24/7. Some days going to work is less actual work than staying home. It also helps that I really like my job, too. So, since I'm being sentimental (don't blink) I thought I'd dig up a few of those newborn pictures to post of how much the kids have grown, and what monsters they've become.

Awwww. How cute. I guess I miss the itty bitty baby days, but I definitely don't want to go back there. I kind of like the fact that I can tell one of them (actually both, that way one MIGHT respond) turn off the tv, or get your shoes, or get mommy a martini, and they actually respond with more than a belch or wail (well, usually). Well, I'd better get back upstairs. They've gone a whole 7.38 minutes without direct adult supervision...


I better go make sure the kitchen isn't on fire, or worse.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hello! Happy Thursday! You have such cute babies, and they both look so much like you. :)

Auntie said...

I laugh every time I read your blogs. Go easier on the kids -- they're little sweeties!