Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Hello, is there anybody out there?

I have been so bad. I can't even remember the last time I posted. But, I have a really good excuse. We have been landscaping. And I'm not just talking a little landscaping. I'm talking like the kind we should have hired about 10 illegals to do (is that politically incorrect?). Whomever's brilliant idea it was to landscape the sides and the back of the house was completely insane.
Oh yeah. That was my idea.

Well, I guess that's just confirmation for what I already suspected...
My hands are literally burning from all the little microscopic, and not so microscopic, cuts on them. My entire body aches. Muscles in places I didn't even know I had muscles. This is the kind of pain that wakes you up in the middle of the night and you lie there and think, if I would just get up and take 4 advil, it would all be better, but you're too tired to move, so you just stay in bed and suffer. The kind of pain that you think, "I'll feel better after a good nights sleep," and awake to feel worse than you did when you went to bed.

I figured combined, Brian and I totaled about 80 man hours on this project. Ugh.
But I'm back now, I think. This is Brian's big week for fireworks, so our life in centering around blowing things up right now. At least he blows up someone elses's fireworks and not ones he had to buy. That makes it a little better. I'll post pictures of the landscaping in a couple of days. Every time I've had the opportunity to take pictures, it's been dark because we've been working till it is too dark to see every night. You can tell by the time on this post that I'm not joking.
Keep visiting. I'll put more stuff on in the next few days when I catch up with everything else.



1 comment:

Auntie said...

We're here -- waiting for more of your entertaining blogs. I know the hours you spent digging in the hard clay and planting big and little grasses, ground covers, and spikey things. And not just in the back -- but in the front, sides, back and around all sides of the deck. No wonder you're sore! Just think -- you won't have to do it ever again. Next summer you'll be able to just sit on the deck and enjoy the beauty! Congratulations on a job well done!!