Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Wild Animals

I'm such a looser. I finally get people to actually view my blog, then I don't post anything for 4 days. I know. I feel terribly guilty and undedicated. But seriously, I really haven't done anything interesting in a few days. I'm kind of in a holding pattern of sorts, which, sometimes isn't such a terrible place to be. I start the civil portion tomorrow of a detention hearing for the siblings of the 14 year girl who died of a skull fracture. Just trying to take it easy before that hell starts. I see it as kind of a "dry run" for my criminal case that is sure to go to court, eventually. It's kind of like seeing the game plan and the plays before the actual game actually begins. A pre-season game in a sense.

Well, the kids are still cute. This is a recent attempt at letting Jade feed herself oatmeal for breakfast. I think we'll stick with feeding it to her for a while longer... you know it's gonna be a rough day when you are entering the bathtub less than an hour after everyone gets up. As it stands, that's her also saying "uh oh" which has recently become her favorite word. I'm sure it's probably just because she's had the opportunity to say it more than any other word.

Vincent and I went to the barn today. Terry (one of the owners) had a baby duck that he had found in the arena. I'd like to know why there was a teeny tiny baby duck in the arena in the first place. If I had to guess, it probably attracted the attention of a not-so-hungry barn cat and got there that way. Otherwise, I haven't seen a big duck population inside the barn lately. Anyway, Terry, God love him, told Vincent that he could have the duck, lovingly referred to as Howard. One look at Howard and the answer was no way. For those of you who know, imagine Brian's surprise when he realizes there is a baby duck entered into the picture. Not to mention I don't think the duck story would be so sweet after our border collie discovered it. Not that our border collie is any Cujo, far from it actually, but if he didn't eat it, he'd probably herd it and have it running so fast it would have a tiny duckling sized heart attack. This is not an actual picture of Howard, it's a stock photograph of what I think is Howard's twin brother or sister.
Staying on the wild pet kick, Vincent just announced that he caught a frog (another frog, that is). He brought it in to show me, and as he opened the "cage" the frog jumped out and onto our floor. Vincent said he couldn't re-capture it because he didn't have anything to scoop it up with. Uh, excuse me, please get the toad off of my floor immediately. I don't care if you don't have anything to scoop it with. Just get it back outside. So here I am, toad scooping inside my own house. Boys will be boys.

1 comment:

Sis said...

Excellent shot of Jade. That's a real keeper.