Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Honesty, please

I promised, so here they are. I hope no one gets mad that I'm publishing these without the consent of the people in the pictures... DISCLAIMER: IF ANYONE READING THIS HAS A PROBLEM, SPEAK NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE. I took these at a recent wedding, and thought they were some of the better ones from the shoot. I especially like the one of the bride and groom dancing. Isn't it neat how the sunbeams were captured on her hair?
I'm hardly a professional photographer, so keep that in mind, but as far as I remember, these don't look too different than anything that I paid big bucks for at my wedding. Not only that, but if I weren't actually attending the wedding because I know the people getting married, I'd have nothing better to do than go around and take thousands of pictures, making the likelihood of good ones even that much better.

Now the only hurdle is to find the time to actually market myself. If anyone knows someone getting married in reasonable distance to where I live and they are looking to keep things low cost and need a photographer, send them my way. I guess the only way to get a demo album going is to have pictures to fill it. I could always just start crashing random weddings and taking pictures. I could just see it, the bride and groom saying, "Honey, did we schedule two photographers?" And I could reply, "Yes, remember you called my studio back in May of 2005 and booked me. Don't forget I have a $500 shoot fee." Just kidding. I would never be that cruel. :). Weddings are stressful enough.

Alright, so I need your comments. I'm going to bed now. More later.


2 comments:

Amy said...

You turkey, go talk to my mom!

Unknown said...

Awesome pictures Jen!!