Saturday, May 17, 2008

A Little More About Our Trip

I was in a hurry when I posted my last page about our outing to Colorado. I wanted to get something up just because I'm a total dunderhead and didn't take the right software to post pictures while I was out there...

Overall, we had a really good time. It was definitely more "business" for the first part of the trip, but the last few days (after we found our potential piece of heaven) were really relaxing. The stay in Breckenridge was awesome. We were there totally off peak ski season, so our room was totally inexpensive (for a luxury room anyway) and the lodge was nearly empty. I highly recommend for anyone going to Breck to stay at the Mountain Thunder Lodge. It's one of the newest resorts there, and had truly all the amenities. The design was that of a true lodge right down to the huge log ceiling and wall beams. Apparently, the room we got for $190 usually goes for about $500-$600 during peak season. The 3 bedroom townhome (2 floors) can be yours for only $1,500/night, or you could just buy it and rent it out for profit for the low, low price of $1.5 mil. No joke.

So anyway, we have our offer in on our lot. I never realized just how big 40 acres of nothing is till we were out there actually walking it. We have a counter offer and we plan to counter the counter offer.

We got right back into home once we got here. We got a lot done today with home maintenance. I also had senior pictures for a local doctor's daughter. Here a re a few of my favorite takes:



No comments: