Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Phone Call I'm Not Pissed About

Usually I get really peeved when I call someone and don't get a call back. Not so much with friends and stuff, really just with professional or service providers. I just don't understand how anyone can perceive someone as reliable enough to do business with if they can't even return a simple phone call.
But this time, it's different. The cute little MA at the back doctor's office failed to call me back with my scheduled time for my discogram, ie: torture test from hell. I guess I'll need to call tomorrow, but today, I'm really not all that put out to tell you the truth.
Actually, I feel pretty good today. I even went for a short walk on my lunch break on the county roads near the post.
The babysitter took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese today. Hooray. I'm sure by Saturday they'll both be puking, coughing, and/or snotting... at least we'll get our money's worth.
I'm cutting this short tonight. I just wanted to do a quick update.
Oh yeah. I wanted to throw this statement out to those of you interested in police work. You decide - guilty or innocent...

Q: What do you think should happen to the person who did __________ (insert class A Felony here)?
A: "Well, if it's ___________ (insert name of enemy), I think they should go to prison. If it's anyone else, I think they should get lots of community service. Like picking up garbage on the highway."
Q: Do you think the sentence should be influenced by their cooperation with the investigation?
A: No.

Community service for a class A Felony? Seems a little light to me....

No comments: