Sunday, April 27, 2008

Our Little Angel

Isn't she cute? Always such a sweet and well behaved princess.... just like her mom. Yeah. This was the response we got when we asked for a simple thing, like "take a bite of chicken." I just can't help but bust into hysterical laughing when she does this, and she knows it, too. Imagine how she was egged on when I got out the camera phone. It's hilarious.

In other news, Sam the horse is not better. His foot is still full of infection, despite the vet visit, daily epsom salt soakings, application of medicine, and bandaging. The whole process takes about an hour, which I don't mind, I just wish he was getting better. They say it's like having a giant zit, but in a closed system (his hoof). I guess when it finally finds the path of least resistence and pops (ugh) it's instant relief. I could imagine. Hopefully within the next day or so we'll see him getting better.

This was our weekend project. We put it in ourselves. It turned out really pretty. I was totally stoked that after all the plumbing work we (I) did, I turned the whole thing on and didn't have even one leak. I have a tendency to get in a hurry and screw things up, so I really tried to take my time with this project and concentrate on each step. I was so excited I did such a good job, that in the final step (the hooking of the water lines to the valves), I reversed hot and cold. I just switched them around and figured if this was the worst thing that went wrong, I did pretty good. It's all sorted out now though and hot is hot and cold is cold. Yay!

I've been wanting this vanity for like 3 years now, I just couldn't justify buying a white toilet to replace a bone colored toilet just for the hell of it. Since the one upstairs took a shit, literally, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to get my white toilet. I was just checking on lowes.com on the price of my long sought after vanity when I discovered it was on final clearance and that there was only one left within like a 200 mile radius. I got it that day.

This stands to be another busy week, and I supposed to have a horse show on Saturday, given my back doesn't totally blow out again before then...

2 comments:

Amy said...

She is so funny!

The bathroom looks awesome. Wow. I am amazed that you can plumb. Truly you are a renaissance woman.

It's too bad you can't lance the infection in the foot and give it a path of least resistance. I'm sure your vet knows what he's doing, but it seems like, if it would provide relief, that would be the thing to do. I'm gross, though, and I like popping zits, so you know I'd be in there with an ice pick or something.

Give me a call if you want me to come up and pop your horse's foot.

Love,
Amy

Amy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!