Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Promised Update

I promised you an update, so here it is. I feel bad that I haven't posted anything interesting for at least a few weeks. I haven't even participated in WFMW, which is pretty bad, even in my book. We had some major renovation of our upstairs kids room situation. For Christmas, the family gave $ to help buy a new bedroom set, and my mom got Jade a new comforter set. We moved her into Vincent's old bedroom set, and got him a new queen set from Ashley. Yeah, I know, what 5 year old needs a queen set?
That's what I thought, but here's why we did it that way... I don't want to buy furniture again for him (hopefully this will last him till he leaves) and I figured a twin bed would probably be too small for a 17 year old boy. The full set is still pretty short, seeing as how Brian is 6' and Vincent is already up to mid-ribcage on me. Not to mention, the whole package with matresses was CHEAPER in queen than in full because of a $200 off a queen matress set coupon from Ashley. So there. That's why he got a queen size bed.

I ordered this bedding for him, which is the queen/adult version of the stuff Jade got. I just haven't gotten his in yet. We also painted Jade's room in a pink version of Vincent's room with the same browns in both. It looks pretty cute, as the rooms kind of mirror eachother when you walk upstairs. Oh yeah, the yellow and the checkerboard is gone, too.

Here are the results... not great pictures, but I didn't want to get out my whole flash set up just for this...

The rooms look a lot cuter in person than they do in these pictures for some reason. So that's what we've been doing today.

In other news. I had to sign another copyright release at Wal Mart today when I was picking up some portrait samples I had printed of Brian. Valpo PD hired me to do their police ID shots, and I was taking a few test shots of Brian at home (to show the backdrop). I also played with putting a bar with the officers' name at the bottom of the picture. Which do you like better? The gold or blueish bar? Be sure to vote, too!!! ----> Never mind the unshaven face... it was just for testing the setup of my lights and stuff (thanks for playing along, hon).
Anyway. I better go see what's going on upstairs and get Vincent in bed. Aww. His first night in his new bed... yeah... we'll see how it goes!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I like the gold, but I'd use a different font. That's not a masculine, tough-guy/tough-girl, cop font.

I'm still trying to figure out why the blue makes him look thinner. Weird.

Love,
Amy

PS - thanks for the car advise!

Jen said...

He looks thinner with the blue because I stretched the picture a little to get them to fit side by side on the blog. Thanks for the C&C.