Monday, January 21, 2008

Geez.

Yeah. My life has been silly for the past few days. Really. I tried to upgrade my computer (desktop) to a better video card to support 2 monitors and subsequently crashed the entire operating system. :(
I really don't think it had anything really to do, though, with the card... I truly think it was just coincidence because it was a Windows system .exe file that came up "missing or corrupt." I don't have the patience to reload the whole thing with XP and go through all the updates/etc so I'm just going to go buy a new one. I am really thinking hard about a Mac. I've just never used one, and I'm pretty sure I don't want to spend that much on a computer I wasn't planning on buying. I'm sure I'll end up with another PC that I'll be replacing in a few years. I have to say though, our discount basement eMachine that just bit it was probably the most reliable computer we've ever had. Until now. Anyway.
I didn't even do my weigh in this week. If anyone still cares, I lost another pound which puts me within 9 pounds of my goal. I told myself at the beginning that if I could get down to 135-140 and stay there, I'd be happy. This week I was 144, so I guess I'm almost there. That's a good thing.
Brian and I went to Don Pablos this Sunday and I got fajitas. If you don't know me, I guess you don't know how much I love Don Pablos fajitas, and I haven't had them since I started this diet. They were soooo good. I think the only thing that makes them bad for you is the tortilla you wrap all the stuff up in. Oh yeah, and the basket of chips before the meal... oops.
I'm off tomorrow, so I guess I'll go computer shopping and then computer setting up all day. Sorry this post was so lame. The photography thing has actually been occupying a lot of my time. I've got one paid wedding, two potential but promising ones lined up, and 4 families needing to order prints, all within the last month or so. Good, but I can already tell I need a dry erase board or something to help me keep track of whats what. Oh well. I have a few more things to catch up on before I cash out. I had a jury trial today in Winamac (a different time zone) which meant I had to LEAVE the house before 5:30 - boo hiss. Just verfied to me that I am definitely NOT a morning person. At all. I've been screwed up all day, not to mention I got the funk that the kids had all week...
Hopefully I'll regain ground tomorrow....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mac computers are pretty cool, but you can't convert files from the Windows version of Microsoft Office to the Mac version...which is a bummer for me because I use both for school related stuff. AND, you'd have to completely redo your iTunes library...if you even use that program. We have two, a mini mac and a power mac. We also have two Windows pc's that we use. If by chance you wanted an opinion, my dad could talk to you. Say hi to everyone for me :).

Emily