Friday, January 25, 2008

40 Lashes

Since I don't have any really "good" news to report about my weight this Friday, I'll talk about my condition. By the way, I didn't lose any pounds this week. I was static. Which is fine, given I had fajitas and about a pound of chips at Don Pablos this week.
Anyway.
As I was applying my makeup one morning, I noticed a strange thing on my upper eyelid, right near where my eyelashes connect. I thought maybe it was just a dried crusty, but no. It was there the next day too. I made Brian look at it, and he thought it was a pimple. Who on the planet gets a pimple on their eyelid but me. I told him he needed to get it because it was driving me nuts. I'll be the first to tell you, if you've never experienced and eyelash pimple, that is NOT a very sensitive spot. I tell you this because after I let my husband pick, pull, and poke at my eye for what seemed like eternity, it was only AFTER he got the thing that I realized he also removed any and all eyelashes that were in that vicinity.
I look like some kind of mutant, missing about 1/4 of my eyelashes, right in the middle of my upper eyelid.
He got it though, which I suppose is the important thing. When I finally told him, "just do it!" he grabbed the thing with tweezers and it felt like he'd pull my eyelid right off my head. Surprisingly, it really didn't hurt, really! I almost wish it had... maybe I'd have some eyelashes left...

1 comment:

Amy said...

Sounds like a stye. You're not supposed to pick those, but you're not supposed to pop pimples, either, and God knows I can't resist those! I hope your eyelashes grow back, though! You're not the type to wear falsies.

Love,
Amy