Tuesday, February 5, 2008

OK, I Promised

Here's the update I promised you, complete with photos of things that have been significant in my life in the past week or so...

First up is Vincent's new found ability to actually draw things, and not just lines and scribbles and random bits and pieces... for a long time he only wanted to draw doors and tractors... don't ask me why. I think one of the main reasons I had kids was so that they could draw pictures of people that were heads with arms and legs. I have always thought that was the cutest thing in the whole world. It's not just my fascination... google it... there are tons of articles, most more scientific than I care to read, about why kids do this. Anyway. Here is Vincent's most recent family portrait, along with his friends Liam and Breanne. He appropriately titled it, "Breanne and Liam came to my house to play." I love it.
I think I'm actually going to frame it. In other news. Here's a pic (from my camera phone) of my new desktop. The screen on the right is on a turntable, so I can put identical things on the screens, and turn it so someone sitting across from me (hopefully a paying client) can see their pictures and any editing I am doing in real time. Pretty cool, huh? I'm probably way behind the times, but I'm totally stoked about this dual screen setup thing. Now, for what's been truly eating all of my time. I've become pretty handy in photoshop, mostly learning by default... kind of a sink or swim thing. This is a picture of a friend's car. He wanted me to take a picture because he is in a car club and they are making a calendar of all the members' cars. I included a "before" and "after" I'm not totally done with the editing. I guess one could say this is a "rough edit". It's a start though, and I think it looks pretty cool.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I wonder what it says about me that I never got past the "tadpole" phase of drawing! Ha ha!!

I have dual monitors at work, and it rocks! You will LOVE it!

How exciting that you're investing in your business. That's awesome.

Sean said...

J,

I have some DVD training for photoshop that I will send you. About 60 hours worth. I will shoot you an e-mail or call you this weekend

S