Sunday, May 23, 2010

What The Heck Is This Thing?


I was cleaning up my pasture area this afternoon, slowly patrolling the yard with the John Deere in low gear, when I rolled past this thing. It was the only one that I saw in the whole yard, and I'd really like to know what the heck it is.

I thought of just trying a bite to determine if it was good to eat, poisonous, psychadellic, or otherwise, but figured that probably wasn't the best idea. For now, I'm going to leave it rooted. I'll dig it up soon if someone doesn't make claim to it as some rare delicacy - so if you want it or know what it might be, let me know.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Take the picture to the county extension office and ask them.

The Saunders Family said...

hmmmm...most in the yard aren't good to eat, so i would go that route!