Tuesday, May 18, 2010

More Progress


Aside from the progress in my life, things are progressing on the home front as well. The barn is finally delivered and I'm just waiting on Morton Buildings to get out here and get this thing put up! I am so excited, and the kids are bouncing off the walls to see how it all works. Funny how what exists now (basically a big pile of stuff) will turn into an entire building. I can't wait to have horses here, to let the kids experience what it's like to have the ability to ride whenever they want, run in the pasture, and all the other stuff I remember so fondly growing up... just no riding bareback, facing backwards, at full speed through the field with only a halter at best, please ;)

Guess symbolically, this means something too. Right now I have all the pieces to make something great. They don't look like much to the casual onlooker, mostly just a pile of stuff, can't even really tell what it's supposed to be just by looking. But to me these pieces are much more. They represent a dream, and when they are all put into some kind of logical order, some kind of sense, they'll be the foundation for good things to come. It's going to take work, a little help from some friends, and a lot of determination to make it great, but great it will be. I'm sure during the process, there will be a miscut board, a broken nail, perhaps a smashed finger or couple of bruises, but in all, the minor bumps in the road will be worth it.

It might even rain. The workers might call off. Progress might skip a day here and there, but this thing will be complete in the end. It might take longer than I hope, there might be more roadblocks than I anticipate, but if we just keep building, the work will eventually be done. Then I can sit on the porch, enjoy a cold one, kick my feet back, and smile as my life unfolds in front of me...

No comments: