Monday, May 17, 2010

A Day In History

I realize I really haven't said a lot publically about my divorce and the situation I have been involved in since I filed. Today, the final decree went to the courthouse for approval. It's been a very rocky, very turbulent, very ODD journey to say the least. Those of you who know me best know the details - and I'm not going to hash them out here.

I guess the purpose of this post is that today, finally, I feel like I'm taking a step forward. After 10 years I'm leaving a jaded past behind me. 10 years of my life that are filled with memories ranging from fabulous to downright the worst ever. 10 years that blessed me with two of the greatest kids I could ever ask for. 10 years in which I have learned so, so much.

It's time to get on with things. Explore the relationships I've made with new people, and embrace the ones that I've kept. I've learned in this process who the true friends are in my life, and who I know I can depend on. I know that I've been trash-talked to just about everyone I can be trash-talked to - and I owe a big "thanks" to those of you who have had the honor, guts, and integrity to ask me before passing judgement.

I guess as I go through just about every emotion today that has hit me throughout this process; pride, truth, success, failure, hurt, anger, hopelesness, lost, happy, relieved... and so many many more... that those of you who care, those of you I know I can depend on, wish me a little peace, finally.

4 comments:

Janet said...

Well said Jen...I'm so proud of you. I wish you much future happiness and finally some peace.

Amy said...

Always here for you and your wonderful kids. I'm glad you can finally move forward. I hope you find the peace that all three of you deserve.

Love,
Amy

The Saunders Family said...

praying that God blesses you beyond measure and belief in the coming years.

The Schnicks said...

Hugs to you Jen! We continue to be here and offer our support whenever you need it. We need to find some time to spend hanging out soon! Congratulations isn't the right word...so I will just wish you blessings!

XOXO