Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Help! I'm Not Creative!


I'm going to a super bowl party this weekend (big surprise!) and have been asked to bring a dessert. Usually, I'm really good at desserts - but I want to take something that is super bowl-esque. I googled "super bowl dessert" and got a bunch of suggestions for cupcakes decorated like each team, 7 layer bars and other standards. I'm thinking something a little more original, and also something that's easy to grab (or scoop) and go. I'm thinking... cute. What was your biggest superbowl dessert hit?

4 comments:

Amy said...

I would be tempted to make a giant chocolate cake and cut it into the shape of a football. A sheet cake, or a 9 x 13, wouldn't be too tough.

The Cardinals and the Steelers... Doesn't really lend itself to cakes. Google "superbowl cake" to see what comes up. You could also do a "dirt cake" with football themed toppings... and make it look like they're scooping up part of the field.

Love,
Amy

The Saunders Family said...

football shaped sugar cookies was all I could think of...maybe because I am craving one!
http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/ShowRecipe.aspx?rid=37590
Or another easy thing is something like puppy chow, a snacky kind of dessert.
Here is a link to a football shaped rice krispy treat, made with cocoa krispies
http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/bakers-one-bowl-chocolatey-52879.aspx
Here is a link to a football cake like amy suggested
http://www.duncanhines.com/newDuncan/pub/featured-recipes/displayDH.asp?recipeID=468
I'm sure whatever you make, it'll be eaten! That's what people do on Superbowl Sunday right?

The Schnicks said...

Preferably nothing made with beer.

The Schnicks said...

As long as it is sweet and not too wierd, I'm happy! I agree with Brian...nothing made with beer (Do you ever make things with beer? Not sure why he said that. Ewww!)