Monday, February 2, 2009

Random Thoughts

Well, the Super Bowl dessert was a hit… I decided to wing it and made my own creation. I came up with this: Pressed a ginger snap crust (like a graham cracker crust, only with ginger snaps) into a casserole dish. Mixed light cream cheese with cool whip and added pear juice till it was fluffy and put it in the crust. Sliced pears and put those on top of the whipped stuff. Chopped up some more ginger snaps and sprinkled them on the top, with just a dash of cinnamon and VOILA. It was really good!

It worked out especially well that someone else brought dirt pudding, so it complemented that well. Same idea, totally different taste. The only thing about the Super Bowl that kind of sucked was that Arizona didn’t win. Not that I really root for either team, but I tend to shoot for the underdog in these situations. Oh well. It’s true (statistically, that is) that if I’m A) Watching a game, B) Wearing a team jersey, or C) Rooting for someone specific, that team is guaranteed to lose. I’m not kidding. I’ve quit wearing my Bronco’s jersey because of this (not that it mattered this year… but anyway…). Seriously.

In other news. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I have a general feeling of malaise lately. Kind of like you feel a day or two before you get sick, but I haven’t gotten sick and I’ve felt this way for a week. This morning, my stomach hurt. Not like nauseous or anything – like someone punched me. I can’t recall a time that my stomach actually hurt. When I was running, it felt like a sore muscle or something. But my stomach. Weird. I’ve also had a moderate to severe headache just about every morning for the past week, too. Maybe I’m dying. I can’t think of any other logical explanation. No one else in the family is reporting symptoms…

Anyway, I hope every one has a good week. I’ll catch up soon, if I’m not dead by then…

No comments: