Thursday, January 15, 2009

It. Is. So. Cold.

I'm over this. The ACTUAL temperature is minus 15 degrees. It's been cold here before, as most of you know, but this is REALLY cold. The wind was blowing last night and they said the wind chill was like some 35 below...

With that, it's a great night for the hot tub! I'm planning on heading out there as soon as I get this post done... I hope I don't freeze essential parts before I hit the water. Brian told me tonight that in the kids rooms (where we have humidifiers running) that there is actually measureable ice on the INSIDE of the windows. Not to mention that, but we got totally slammed with lake snow last night too. I was driving the little Taurus home from getting Jade from the sitter at about 20 mph with, at times, literally ZERO visibility. Hell, we may as well be in Colorado - at least there's something nice to look at when you're snowed in!

On another note, isn't is crazy to hear about that plane in NY? Wow, talk about a lucky day for those people! I'd say it's that pilot's day to retire - right now. I'd be giving up my wings like, "They're all yours. That's all the flying I need for now..."

Other exciting news is that I found an old friend of mine on Facebook who lives in Hooper Bay, Alaska. I BET SHE CAN SEE RUSSIA! Hee hee. I had to put that in there. But no, really. She has two beautiful kids she's raising on the tundra (Hooper Bay is in western Alaska). She was/is one of the smartest, most interesting people I have known. She has a blog... so whenever you're feeling chilly or like you're roughing it, check out her daily life. She and her family are pretty amazing, in my book anyway...

Stay warm!

2 comments:

The Saunders Family said...

yeah, but watch out beacuse once it starts to warm up and all that ice melts, you will have nice puddles on the sills, and on the floor, not that I have had that experience today or anything! I have been on window duty all day! Running around every hour or so and wiping all the windows...these must be the cheapest things ever! they all have ice on them! Have fun and stay warm! It was -18 here overnight...I think it's a whopping 2 right now!

Cate said...

Hey, thanks for the shout out! I appreciate it... and you'll be happy to know that our temperatures have dipped once again; maybe we'll take the heat (ha ha) off you guys! :)