Friday, January 2, 2009

Finally, The Missing Christmas Pics!




I finally got around to picking the favorite pics of the season and converting them from my camera RAW format to jpgs so I could actually share them! I chose a few of my holiday favorites to share here, there are a couple more on my Facebook page for those who follow there...
The kids got all the stuff they wanted from Santa. Vincents key gifts were a Nintendo DS (which was against my better judgement), a new soil plow and New Holland tractor to pull it, headphones so I don't have to listen to the DS, Wall-E, and tons of Lincoln Logs.
Jade's favorites consisted of a Nintendo DS (REALLY against my better judgement), an iPod Shuffle (another thing against my better judgement, but I was tired of holding my breath every time she wanted to listen to mine), a huge dollhouse, headphones (so we don't have to listen to the DS or the iPod), and some Disney princess dolls.
I got some new boots, a laptop stand, some Carhart coveralls (yay), some horse things, a North Face vest, a few new hats and scarves, and a really cool head massager thing.
Brian got his rangefinder so he can shoot fireworks from a safe distance without guessing, new boots, a few new outfits, a new belt and buckle, ... I can't even remember what else.
Overall, it was a pretty enjoyable holiday... we had a good time visiting with the family, eating a few nice meals, and watching the kids experience the magic. They had so much fun playing with their new stuff, showing it all off to their cousins, and just enjoying the time with the family.
I figure we'd better enjoy it before its all over. Already, Vincent is starting to question "how does Santa go to that many houses in one night" and "I think Santa's too big to fit down the chimney, and how does the bag of toys fit, too" all things that we finally figure out just arent' physically possible. I hope we get at least a few more years before he knows the truth... for now it's my favorite part of Christmas...

No comments: