Friday, September 21, 2007

Back Home Again In Indiana

Well, I'm finally back home. Anyone who thinks that training seminar is relaxing should go... I'm exhausted! I'm sure a large part of that, however, could be contributed to the fact that the "hospitality room" (ie: endless supply or alcohol, whether you want it or not, at absolutely no cost to you) was a nightly affair. Seriously. It was like competetion drinking. A lot of us said we were going to check right in to a treatment center when we got home to manage the detox. I'm serious.
I didn't get drunk drunk at all, in fact, I just got a little tipsy one night, it's just that constant intake, over time, that makes you tired. Geez. Those people from New York really know how to party. But anyway, I feel like I made some really good connections and learned a lot about how the pros do and have done homicide investigations. It was definitely worth it, but it also feels good to be home. Kudos to Brian for managing this household without any help whatsoever from me, and thanks to everyone who picked up the slack (Auntie!). I wouldn't have had this opportunity without your help and support.
On to other news... I had my first official "sale" today! Whoopee! And it was a big one too! An acquaintance ordered a highly customized, 30x40 canvas wall hanging print of the fireworks picture from my earlier post. It turned out absolutely BEAUTIFUL... I hope he was as thrilled with it as I was. I am using D&M Imaging for my printing, and I have to say, I was THOROUGHLY impressed with their work. Plus it makes me look good too...
Alright. I'm tired of being on the computer. Thats all for now...

No comments: